Tuesday, February 9, 2016

NEW in 2016 from Sherwood Studio

Julie of Sherwood Studio is a very busy girl these days.  Not only is she designing traditional kits for her store at Scrapbook Graphics, she also has a couple of special projects going on in 2016.  (More about those later in the post.)

Sherwood Studio is well known for fabulous photo layout trays!  She started this year with one called 

(which she claims was inspired by a photo that I sent her!)


I combine one of the photo trays with Sherwood Studio 


This is such a great way to display lots of photos with NO clutter on the page!  I love Julie's photo trays!


My next traditional product for Sherwood Studio used another photo tray



I've said it many times, I am a landscape photographer (it's what I take best) and wildflowers and butterflies are my best "models."  Here's one of my favorite photos in a layout featuring the Dimension Tray shown above with Sherwood Studio 



(I wanted that pop of yellow with the sunflower in this kit!)


Such a perfect combination of kits - and another wonderful photo tray!


I could have easily added more photos into this tray if I had wanted to, but I really liked the paper play!

My next project for Sherwood Studio used her new kit




with the same photo tray 



I did add more photos into the tray this time, but kept a little space for paper play too!  Love it!  (and Key West ... hope to get back there this year!)

check out the tonal papers, too!

I used one of her older photo trays



I added my own "spin" to template #4 in the pack.


When I was in Denver in June 2012, I saw this lovely rose garden on Logan Street, and just had to photograph the roses.  We stopped, and I introduced myself to the owner Fotini (an elderly Greek lady who had been growing roses in raised beds in front of her house for 30 years).  She was so impressed that I wanted pictures of her flowers.  She sent us home with a bouquet fresh cut from the garden.  We were back in Denver a week later (we'd been to Yellowstone NP) I had the photos edited, and printed in Denver (before I even go back there), and presented them to her in an album.  I'm sure she cherishes that album, as much I as cherish the photos of her beautiful roses! 

Now, onto Julie's new projects

THE FAITH PROJECT

This is a year long project in collaboration with two other designers.  The word for January was LOVE.  Here's Julie's offerings in this project so far:



I used the template from the STARTER kit and Sherwood Studio 




Blended into the back ground is a public domain copy of "JESUS LOVES ME" - my favorite song from childhood!

Here's another project with the STARTER KIT and Sherwood Studio template




I altered a project I did several years ago using the STARTER KIT to add to the LOVE theme for January.


The original of this project is hanging in my old bedroom at my mom's house.  (It was a gift to her for Christmas the year I created it since she is a WORD FIND addict!)

I did one more project during January for THE FAITH PROJECT.  This layout features Sherwood Studio 




and template 


and now onto Sherwood Studio's other project for 2016

THE PLANNER PROJECT





My layout featuring Sherwood Studio WINTER TWILIGHT




Sherwood Studio is adding more PLANNER PROJECT kits and printables all the time.  Check them out in her store at Scrapbook Graphics.











































No comments:

Post a Comment